By Isaac Mangena A 2011 Human Rights Watch report revealed shocking details of human rights abuses against farm workers in the Western Cape’s fruit and wine industries, and the appalling conditions under which they work and live. Titled Ripe with Abuse: Human Rights Conditions in South Africa’s Fruit and Wine Industries [PDF], it documents “conditions…
Tag Archives: Mildred Oliphant
Sign up To Our Newsletter
- Blacks must stop sucking up to whites May 9, 2013
- Angie’s panties, really Sadtu? April 29, 2013
- My daughter is black, I am white April 25, 2013
- The black ‘middle class’ and its white tendencies May 15, 2013
- No future for white South Africans? May 20, 2013
- Gift economies: They’re free but they’re not *free* May 24, 2013
- The truth about rights in South Africa May 24, 2013
- Modernism, postmodernism and poststructuralism, the difference May 24, 2013
- Vuyo Mbuli treated everyone equally May 24, 2013
- Pravin needs to chide government May 24, 2013
- Sandile Memela: @ Charlotte Mmmmm :-) You will not get it until yo...
- Marleen: Thanks for giving the other side to the story. ...
- Dennis Morton: @ Wow..... you work in the private sector and pay ...
- GrahamJ: It sounds fair to me. According to our wonderful c...
- Lyndall Beddy: When I heard Vuyo on one of his last SAFM shows sa...
Thought Leader on twitter
thoughtleader.co.za: Gift economies: They’re free but they’re not *free* http://t.co/DACcrVo5sZ @TheUrbanF0x
thoughtleader.co.za: Rights have a market value. A price. If you can’t cough up the bucks, you're out of luck http://t.co/rFDqLd5JKW @LHR_SA
thoughtleader.co.za: Try @GuardianAfrica quiz to celebrate Africa Day. Big prizes (well) and even a trick question http://t.co/rilOBldrzx #AfricaQuiz
- Rhino poaching: Reserves must up gameSat, 25 May 2013 00:00
- Rights group 'up in arms' as Botswana plans to evict BushmenFri, 24 May 2013 20:05
- Shabangu criticises trade unions for 'decimating each other'Fri, 24 May 2013 19:05
- Chelsea Flower Show: SA exhibitors' blooming great successFri, 24 May 2013 17:05
- Africa Day: Development, reconciliation and the African RenaissanceFri, 24 May 2013 16:42
- Dali Tambo has lunch with the MugabesFri, 24 May 2013 16:30
- Africa Day: Development, reconciliation and the African RenaissanceFri, 24 May 2013
- Now people of Great Lakes need to see peace dividendFri, 24 May 2013
- It's time for a king-sized uprising in SwazilandFri, 24 May 2013
- Zuma has corrupted the soul of SAFri, 24 May 2013
- The roots of anti-Indian racismFri, 24 May 2013
- Plan may see poor paying more for waterFri, 24 May 2013