By Isaac Mangena A 2011 Human Rights Watch report revealed shocking details of human rights abuses against farm workers in the Western Cape’s fruit and wine industries, and the appalling conditions under which they work and live. Titled Ripe with Abuse: Human Rights Conditions in South Africa’s Fruit and Wine Industries [PDF], it documents “conditions…
Tag Archives: Mildred Oliphant
Sign up To Our Newsletter
- I’m a Jew, not a pig July 4, 2014
- Mandela Day – a neocolonial exercise in the commodification of the good black July 18, 2014
- How to save capitalism from the capitalists July 10, 2014
- The hospital has left the building July 14, 2014
- The dangerous sentimentality of Alice Mann’s ‘Domestic Bliss’ July 1, 2014
- Max Weber on capitalism and religion July 30, 2014
- #Bringbackourgirls, Lwandle, Gaza and detaching from this world July 30, 2014
- David Saks and the naturalness of white contempt July 29, 2014
- Like every other day of my life, this morning I woke up female July 29, 2014
- An amputation for our Frankenstein anthem? July 28, 2014
- The Creator: So the solution to multiculturalism is for everybo...
- The Creator: If you abandon hope you won\'t necessarily be able...
- MrsMac: @ Judith, ice cream truck? What ice cream truck? ...
- Anja Bodisch: Thank you for this article - it speaks for me too....
- Graham: Hi Jen Thanks for the article. Question thoug...
- Lonmin sells shares to meet BEE deadlineWed, 30 Jul 2014 14:17
- The Creative Showcase by 10and5 - July 30Wed, 30 Jul 2014 11:22
- Mokotedi to resign from NPA this week Wed, 30 Jul 2014 09:45
- Samsung to open television manufacturing plant in DurbanWed, 30 Jul 2014 09:35
- Arms Deal: seven facts that aren't going awayWed, 30 Jul 2014 06:25
- Grade R offers SA's poorest children no discernible benefitWed, 30 Jul 2014 00:00
- Curious case of Israel's invasion of GazaFri, 25 Jul 2014
- Arms deal: Who should make the case against the state? Fri, 25 Jul 2014
- Marikana shows gaps in Piketty thesisFri, 25 Jul 2014
- NPA probe should assess whether Zuma is to blame for the messFri, 25 Jul 2014
- Editorial - Causes before clothesFri, 25 Jul 2014
- In the name of (all) the fathersFri, 25 Jul 2014